About Jan Swan Wood
Jan was raised on a ranch in far western South Dakota. She grew up horseback working all descriptions of cattle, plus sheep and horses. After leaving home she pursued a post-graduate study of cowboying and dayworking in Nebraska, New Mexico, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. Now retired from dayworking and cowboying for others, Jan ranches in northwestern South Dakota, running mother cows and good horses in partnership with her son Colin. She is also a freelance journalist, columnist, cowboy poet/musician, cowboy artist and cartoonist, with four published books of cowboy cartoons under the Outtagrass Cattle Company brand.
Posts by Jan Swan Wood
- Bullracks and Memories
- Traditional Bridle Horse Wither Marks
- My Saddle
- A Bronc, A Smart Horse, And Cholla
- Fox and The Scary Mineral Feeders
- Conformation First, Then Pedigree and Color
- And The Race Is On!
- Peppy Belle: She Started A Dynasty
- A Triple A Heifer Meets A Race Horse
- Summer Of Scary Flying Objects