About Jan Swan Wood
Jan was raised on a ranch in far western South Dakota. She grew up horseback working all descriptions of cattle, plus sheep and horses. After leaving home she pursued a post-graduate study of cowboying and dayworking in Nebraska, New Mexico, Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. Now retired from dayworking and cowboying for others, Jan ranches in northwestern South Dakota, running mother cows and good horses in partnership with her son Colin. She is also a freelance journalist, columnist, cowboy poet/musician, cowboy artist and cartoonist, with four published books of cowboy cartoons under the Outtagrass Cattle Company brand.
Posts by Jan Swan Wood
- THREE POINTS OF CONTENTION
- Lily and the Quarter Track
- Tree Selfies; Cottonwood Creek Chronicles
- Cottonwood Creek Chronicles: Tired Horses
- Cottonwood Creek Chronicles: The 17th Calf
- Cottonwood Creek Chronicles: No Fly Zone
- Cottonwood Creek Chronicles: You’ve Gotta Be Tough to Be a Cowboy
- Cottonwood Creek Chronicles: At War With A Weed
- Cottonwood Creek Chronicles: Bats In My Belfry
- Pets Are So Relaxing?