7 indications you are a South Dakota horse owner
- December 17, 2016
- Maria Tibbetts
- The only reason you blow-dry your hair is so it doesn’t turn into icicles when you do chores.
- Your water hoses spend more time in the house than you do.
- A tank heater is at the top of your Christmas list.
- You avoid looking at the thermometer, because it doesn’t matter and you don’t really want to know.
- You spend your spare time in November and December pricing indoor arenas.
- You spend your spare time in January through April googling Southern real estate.
- Your social media posts from May through September are photos taken horseback, with captions about how lucky you are to live in God’s country.
About Maria Tibbetts
I grew up on a ranch in the panhandle of Nebraska. Both of my grandfathers raised Quarter horses and before they knew they would be related someday, broke horses at Fort Robinson for the Army. I showed horses in 4-H and AQHA growing up. I'm...